The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist students who are pursuing a career in gerontology or geriatrics. Click here to review the letter to AAA's from the 2017 SE4A Awards Committee chairperson about the 2017 Scholarship and where to send applications.
To assist AAA's, please click here to see a sample letter that can be sent from you to local colleges.
» Application «
Selection of Recipient(s):
To apply for the scholarship, a student must be a junior, senior or graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited university within the nine Southeastern states: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North and South Carolina.
|The following criteria will be used to rank nominations:|
|Financial Need||25 Points|
|Connection to SE AAA Network||25 Points|
|Writing Skills||10 Points|
|Maintain 3.0 GPA||15 Points|
|Commitment to do Volunteer Work with Elderly||10 Points|
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS - 2013
- Meagan Jain - Georgia State University - Atlanta, Georgia
- Megan Moulding - Georgia State University - Atlanta, Georgia
- Ashley Stroud - University of Georgia - Athens, Georgia
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS - 2011
- Sheila Bell-Ford - midlands Technical College - Columbia, SC
- Kathryn Parvin Cox - University of North Carolina Wilmington - Wilmington, NC
- Katie Quinn - University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa, AL